Crème brû·lée ; French for Burnt Cream.
For our try a new recipe party last night, I went out of my normal "comfort foods" zone and made Bruschetta and crème brûlée.
The crème brûlée was good, but if I was ever to 'crave' it again. I would just make Tapioca and it would be even better. It's the same cooked'egg yolk-ey' consintency, minus the tapioca granules. It tastes the same, it smells the same. It's pretty good, if you can get past the texture. All that's in the recipe is half and half, egg yolks, vanilla, sugar and salt. Not complex at all. I might make it again if I ever want to try to be fancy...but Tapioca definately wins that vote.
(Also, if you ever do try it, I would recomment eating it warm...cold gooey baked egg yolks.....hmm)
Brushcetta: An Italian appetizer of toasted bread slices rubbed with olive oil, lemon juiceand garlic and topped with diced tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper and served warm.
I loved Bruschetta and so did most of my family. Even Justin a non-tomato eater, ate some. We should have topped it with cheese, but I wasn't thinking. We did, however, try it with sliced avacado and that was REALLY good as well. YUM YUM. Definately try this if you ever get a chance. Super easy as well, if I might say. You make your topping (of 5 ingredients) slice and toast your bread, top it off and wa-la.
We are being as patient as possible. We get to meet Tilley tomorrow {puppy} and we are so excited. We are going to bring Liddy with us, just cause I can't wait for them to meet. When Liddy met Bailey, they didn't hit it right off, but by the next morning, they were inseperable. I'm hoping Liddy and Tilley are the same way. Her plane lands at 6:40 tomorrow night, so we're driving to Salt Lake, picking her up and coming back home. So excited!
Also, I can't believe it's been a whole year since Liddy had her puppies. All of those silly, skinny little "kittens" -- seriously, as soon as the C-Section was over, if you walked into the vets office you would have wondered "where is the box of kittens." Those puppies were so loud and tiny. I did not get much sleep for the next three days...trying to bottle feed those little guys. We amazingly only lost the 2 smallest ones before Liddy's milk came in and then they ate like it was nobody's business and grew up strong, healthy and smart...Congrats Liddy! Your babies are growing up!!!
Bye Bye Pear Tree. We were so excited when we bought our house that we already had three full grown trees. We have an apple tree, pear tree and one other kind of tree. We have to cut down the pear and "other" tree today so we can put a shop in the back yard. We had measured it out and mapped it out every other way we could so we didn't have to cut them down, but it wouldn't work or be efficient any other place so....today is going to be a lumber jack party/fish fry at my house as my family helps us say 'bye' to our two in-the-way trees.
2 comments:
Hey thanks for the comment... we are super excited! I will be sure to let you know if we need help with anything (Thanks so much) Maybe you could come over and help me with some cute ideas for the baby's room (when we find out what we are having). That would be fun! Im glad to hear you're getting a new puppy soon that's so good! Im sure Liddy will be SO happy!
Hey, you are SO welcome! I would love that! Just give me a call 790-6834. Liddy is kinda warming up to her. We named her Sophie and she's a handful! Now we're just hoping they'll be best friends SOON...haha
Post a Comment