Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bailey...



This past few days have been hard, for what some might consider a silly reason, but for us it is very serious and heartbreaking. Bailey had a terrible accident and had to be put down on Thursday.
I was working when Justin called me to tell me what happened. I was worried for him, she was his first dog, and he felt so responsible. We were trying to decide what to do over the phone and it wasn't working so I told him to go outside and pray about it, and I would pray on the way to the vet. Right after I hung up the phone, I didn't even have to ask, I just 'heard' "Send her home." When I pulled up in front of the vet, Justin was still standing outside and we both knew what was coming. When I went back to see her, she was just as soft as ever! Sweet muddy girl!
The vet said she had broken all four legs, two hips and her back in 2 places. She was paralyzed on her left side, and we basically had no other option, which we already knew.
We buried her in the grave Monty had dug for Bindy, when she was going downhill, in Jensen that night.
Liddy has been so sad ever since. She was so confused at first, she kept searching the house for her, it just broke our hearts. She has been sleeping next to our bed ever since, she doesn't like being alone. We are now struggling to find another Samoyed Puppy to be Justin's dog and Liddy's companion, and my next 'girl'..even though we might get a boy...
Either way...Bailey we miss you so much!!!

4 comments:

The Mortons said...

Oh my gosh.. I'm so sorry! My heart seriously goes out to you guys.

Anonymous said...

That breaks my heart! I would be such a mess if I lost one of mine... they are my world and I love them so much! I seriously got teary reading this! Im so sorry! Thats horrible! I hope you find another one soon! :)

Amy Pratt said...

SO sorry to hear about Bailey. That's so hard. I hope you are able to find another dog, I know you can't replace Bailey, their personalities are too strong. Thoughts are with you guys

Anonymous said...

OYE! I am so so sorry to hear this! :( Breaks my heart to hear about things like this! : ( Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys! Thoughts are with you guys!! MUAH xoxox Loves you