Tuesday, March 30, 2010

HELP!!! AHHH....

I am so frustrated with Bresnan. We went with them since I had heard so many good things about them and so many bad things about STRATA, but I am seriously SO FRUSTRATED!
They came and installed our Modem on Friday IN OUR BASEMENT so that I can't plug it into my computer in the office (because we don't have a coax cable up there) so installing the router software was a pain! We had to sit on the freezers in the basement with Justin's laptop (mine is too stupid) and install it, then try to install it on the computer in the office without it being plugged in and it won't work. It just plain and simple won't work, not even on his laptop, which is what we installed it on in the first place! We can't connect to it wirelessly, which is why we paid the extra for a wireless network.
I got it to work for like 20 minutes last night...but not today and not any other day. I feel like we are paying for nothing because that's what we're getting....literally...nothing...but a headache! So I want to call Bresnan and just make them come fix it, but they don't have a local phone number!!! It's all a flippin 1-800 number! I'm so beyond angry at this point! RAWR!
I need someone smarter than me to fix it :(
{I really just need to stop being a baby and call them and make them come fix it}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O man I hate stuff like that! We have SBT Internet and we NEVER have problems with it! They came and hooked it all up and didnt leave till it was working. Its $45 a month for unlimited. Its also wireless, so you dont have to have a home phone or Bresnan TV to have it work. We love it! If you want the contact info let me know!

IamKK13 said...

Go to their office and tell them you want someone to come make it work. If you call the 800 number, they can set an appointment for someone to come fix it if you don't want to stop by their office. I never had a problem with Bresnan internet at all. They made sure it was working before they left.

Chelsie said...

So...I guess I'm not that frustrated anymore...I got it to work this morning..but only after I tried (yet again) to install the software for the router. After it told me it wasn't going to work (yet again) my computer automatically detected the network and connected. Whatever I guess. I'll take it for now, but if problems keep coming up...I just might switch.