Alright, the great name debate of the century has finally concluded...haha. I feel like we've been through so many names trying to name "Puppy." Even after we got her, Justin still wasn't sure what to call her. It was so weird because I had Liddy's name picked out way in advance and it just fit her and all was well. Bailey was a little harder, we went through only a few with her and Justin came up with Bailey on the drive home with her but this time...Whew!! I'm glad we've got kids names picked out because "puppy" was so hard to name...haha.
It took Justin until the morning after we got her to totally make up his mind...Kinda funny... So after we went through:
Gunner (we kinda wanted a boy), Ace (still a boy), Acey (when we found a girl), Tilley, Sophie, I kinda liked Cocoa for a minute...Zyrie, Zoey, Back to Tilley, Millie, Myra, Myla, Mya (we went through a quick little M-name phase,)
Then finally the debate between Mya and Sophie phased into
Just...
Sophie.
She is great and wonderful. So submissive and soft and sweet. She loves Justin to death. She won't leave his feet and cries if he leaves the truck or house without her. If he is gone, I'm her second choice, which is how I like it. I love that she is so attached to him. Our only problem so far has been that she WON'T GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT! We have never had a dog act like she does when it comes to 'bed time.' She cries and whines and howles until she looses her breath and gets the hiccups...but then she just cries inbetween the hiccups.
So far she won't sleep in her kennel, on the floor next to our bed, on our bed, in the garage, or in the outside kennel. If we put her outside on her leash by herself at all she just scratches the paint off the door. It's been interesting. I've been okay to let her cry herself to sleep but Justin's such a softy he has to go rescue her - thereby forefitting any sleep we would have gotten. Tonight's going to be different though. I've already got it all planned out...
A report will follow, as well as lots of pictures of our cute new little girl.
P.S. Liddy always has thought puppies were overrated, even when they were her own. She's warming up to Sophie, but it's not quite love yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment