Thursday, March 11, 2010

What's been going on...

We've been a little busy/ a little not lately. With Bailey gone, we've been on a constant dog hunt to try to find a new friend for our family. Liddy has been doing better lately, but has yet to sleep outside alone.
(This is how she was for a few days strait...wouldn't eat...nothing...Poor girl. )This is how she's been lately...doing better! Just lovin on Justin :DEven though she's doing better, we still want to get another dog to keep her company when we have to work. It has taken us about a week, but we finally found one. She is 9 weeks old and we're flying her in from New Mexico on Monday. We can't wait to meet her, but at the same time..it's so bittersweet. It's been a whole week now without Bailey and it's still hard, but we'll figure this out.
Our new girl is the one in the foreground
This last weekend was a four day weekend for Justin, which was nice. Friday night Monty and Justin got the wiring ran in the room in the basement, so now we only have a few more wires to pull through before we can sheetrock.
Also, Justin got super busy and got the countertop and the shelf up in the laundry room for me. I just love love love it! It is so wonderful to have that be a useful space now! YAHOO!

Saturday Justin and my dad went to Wyoming to go Coyote calling on Little Mountain with my uncle Lon, while I went to Provo with my mom and Trish. It was a fun day. We took Liddy to Melanie's for the day so she wouldn't be alone. Apparently she was a little ornery to the other dogs out there, but I'm sure it was better than leaving her home alone.
Monday night we went and visited Colt and Jess and took them dinner, it was good to visit with them and just hang out. Last night Jess had baby Jaycee at 8:48pm so we are even more excited to go meet their new little girl tomorrow!
Last night, I got a little bored/ambitious and finally put my headboard together that I've been planning out since February. It didn't take as long nor was it as hard as I thought it might have been. I had it finished and in the room in about 20 minutes. We love it! Super easy.
This morning Tiffany and I continued the ritual of taking Hailey and Natalie swimming at toddler time at the rec-center. Super fun! Hailey is obsessed now because she knows if she doesn't go potty in the pool I'll buy her a treat afterwards, so now she's gotten to where she'll be done swimming before it's even over because she wants her treat now. Funny Funny Girl!
All in all a great weekend! Good to spend some time with my hubby, now it's back to work for a few days :D

No comments: