Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years

For New Years Eve this year I had to work, but we just got the new gas firepit going at work so I talked to my boss and he said I could have my family down to roast hot dogs over the fire for dinner and we could play card games and such as long as I kept an eye on the front desk. So that's what we did. We had a pretty good time. It was pretty cold outside to be roasting hot dogs, lol, but it was good to spend time with my family. The funny thing was, I got off work at 11 so we all just went home and went to bed, we didn't even watch the ball drop.
This is the third New Years I have spent with Justin and I can hardly believe it.
I didn't get to take any pictures, sadly, but it was a great time.
Other than that we've just been enjoying the calm that always comes after the Holidays. Justin had his 4 day weekend over the new year and I got to be off with him, so that was a great time. We got to relax and work around the house. We got the plan drawn out for the basement, went and got prices and are going to start working on it Monday. It's going to be so great I can hardly wait.
Liddy and Bailey have caught, what I think, is a cold. Liddy has been coughing for the last two days and Bailey....is so weird...but has the sniffles. We are taking them to the vet tomorrow just to be sure, but I hope everything is okay. I have learned that Samoyed's have a very gentle immune system. They catch almost anything and everything that is going around, and it not only wears them down physically, but there is an instant change in their attitude. It's so sad to see my babies sick...but that doesn't keep them from doing their own silly things.....


Like sleeping On Top of the dog house....Weirdo!

No comments: