Tuesday Justin got to go to the rec. center and shoot some hoops with Colt while I worked. It wasn’t very eventful, but Wednesday night was really fun.
I applied for a job as a Secretary at EOG and got called for my first interview at four that day. I went to my interview and everything went wonderfully…except that for the first time in my life I locked my keys in my car. Quite embarrassing. I called Justin, who had just taken the dogs to the vet and he came and got me. The poor girls have been coughing lately so when he took them in Shiela, the vet, said they had upper respiratory infections, which they probably caught from Justin. They’re on antibiotics now and doing much better. When they were there, they weighed in @ Liddy=60lbs and Bailey=42lbs. Fairly healthy weights, which was good.
Anyway, after Justin came and got me, we called Swains to come unlock the car, then went strait to Ace Hardware and had spares made for both the car and truck. Should’ve done that a long time ago. After we got that over with, we went to our new ward’s Ice Skating party. I invited my sister, brother in law and neice to meet us there. It was Hailey’s first time skating, but she had such a great time! She grinned the entire time she was on the ice. She didn’t stand up for a second…she just hung from whoever was holding her hands. It was quite the experience. Justin and I are not exactly professional Ice skaters, but neither of us fell even once so I was fairly proud. We had a great time.




After Ice skating Justin went and practiced basketball with some guys from work for the first time in almost six months. He had a great time but was really sore.Thursday I had the day off and Justin worked. I got called back for a second interview with EOG, and I believe things went fairly well. There was one question I know I could’ve answered better. I stumbled around it a little bit, which was a lot more than I hoped to do, but I do feel that I still made a strong impression. They said they would decide as quickly as possible and let me know. I am now just wishing that patience was one of my stronger suits! Haha. I am excited though. It would be a great opportunity for me and for us!
After my second interview, I came home and started sewing kitchen curtains. I’m not really a seamstress, but I got at least one done before I broke my needle….and lost patience and interest. Afterwards Justin had his first basketball game with our new ward. It was super intense, especially because I was already a case of nerves, lol. They ended up winning by one point in overtime. Really close game!
Friday Justin and I both worked. When we got off work we went to Jensen and checked on Melanie’s dogs while her and Monty are in Hawaii. They were doing great. We then went to visit my mom and brother for a bit before we came back into town. I’ve got some quirky ideas rolling around about some Kitchen changes I want to make. It’s mostly just to take my mind off of the job at EOG, but surprisingly Justin jumped on board as soon as I started telling him my ideas, which usually isn’t the case.
Details will not be disclosed at this time due to Justin’s desire to SURPISE everyone. Haha, he’s so funny! So…Details…and Pictures…soon to come :D
No comments:
Post a Comment