Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happenings

I have always tried to keep a pretty close tab on what we are doing on our blog, because I print out all my posts every so often and use them as our journal. It might be boring for everyone else, but I enjoy having some sort of a journal.


Justin has been wanting this certain pistol ever since he got his concealed weapons permit. Well he finally got enough saved up to go buy it the other day. I swear he was like a kid on Christmas morning. He was so excited. He had the next day off (luckily) so first thing he went out to the shooting range to try it out. He loved it. I swear I'll never have an Unarmed husband again, unless he's naked :D haha. He takes that thing everywhere. I don't really care that much, but I know he feels a lot safer with it on him.

(Pretty sure this is the right gun)

I have always had an obsession with lists and cooking and the other day I combined the two. I made a list of dinner Ideas. This is something I've done many times before, but I was more proud this time because I filled an entire page, two columns size 10 type. That's not easy! However I'm very glad I did it. It really made me think and whenever I'm stumped on dinner ideas lately, I just pull it out and I always find something good to make. Lovin the dinner list :D


So I haven't gotten pictures yet, {will soon} But I finally went and bought my matching love seat to the couch. I love it. It finishes off the living room perfectly. It fits perfectly and is SO comfy :D. Now all I need is to order those cute lamp shades and we'll be set :D

(Our set, but not our house)

I am proud to say that we are continuing to have consistent "friend" home evenings. It's been a really fun experience for me and is one I always look forward to. I appreciate having friends that will participate in it with me too, It would not be as fun without them.


Last Thursday Church ball started. Tonight at 9 is Justin's second game. These last two weeks he's gone and practiced on Wednesday nights with some guys from his work then plays church ball on Thursdays. I really enjoy watching him lately because of this. He is such a busy body and when he has something to take up his energy, like basketball does, he is such a happier person. He struggles through the Winter most times because he's not very good at being Idle. He always finds things to do of course, but he definately does better when it's a sport related activity.


He has taken on a big challenge lately to exercise daily. He has done well so far and seems to really be enjoying he. He is such an example to me. I have struggled to stop drinking pop lately again and he {very nicely} discourages it and always invites me to come exercise with him.


I love that we are such good friends that we can enjoy doing almost anything together. We can be exercising, painting, cleaning, cooking, reading etc. together and always have a good time! That's what being married is about to me. Having not only a best friend, but an eternal companion who makes me want to be the best version of myself for God, Myself, and Him.


What a great little family we have. The girls are getting over their colds. It's pretty funny because Bailey has learned that whenever we get out the little red bottles (the pill bottles) she gets a treat, because we usually wrap the pill in some kind of food so she'll actually swallow it. So the other day we caught her trying to sneak the pill bottle off the shelf. Luckily we caught her and moved them to where she can't reach them. It's just a testament of how smart they really are.


We have also been trying to get all our medical responsibilities taken care of for the year. We're trying to get Justin caught up on all of his dental work, as well as getting him in for an eye exam (for the first time since 8th grade, I think he said!) and taking him in for his first physical in a while too. We're going to do the blood work and the whole sha-bam, Just for the sake of it. Haha, he's pretty scared of the blood work part, just because he hates needles, but I know he'll be okay. So far he is down to two cavities left out of seven I think. Poor guy. The dentist says they are probably just left over from having his mouth wired shut.


I also found out yesterday that I didn't get the job I interviewed for at EOG. It's amazing how the lord is so aware of what we feel and what we need. He knows best and I know and trust that. So I still work at the marriott. I enjoy it, It's a good job. I have years of experience in this field and there are career opportunities in this field and with this company. If that is what the lord has in store for me, than so be it. Il'l do my best to follow his lead.


No comments: