- Light Jackets
- Bon Fires
- Lots of food from Mom and Dad's garden {Thank You!}
- Warm Drinks
- Get to start wearing boots again sometimes...
- Short season is close to over {Thank Goodness}
I had such high hopes of getting our yard all finished and complete at the end of spring/ beginning of summer so we could have the rest of the summer to enjoy it, but it's just so much more work than anyone would ever think, lol.
It is turning out great, it just takes time... So I guess we'll have to have a bon fire in the back yard for Halloween {If you're allowed to during that time of the year} in our new firepit (if we get it finished) and grill out on the back deck (if we ever get the railings up)
I can't believe that we leave for Hawaii in 20 days... It's unreal. I'm so excited to just go relax.....ahhhh...
I can feel it already- and it feels so good, lol.
I want to just sit out in the sun on the private beach, eat lots of good foor, go snorkeling off that same private beach, take long naps in hammocks, enjoy the fresh farmers markets and massages and luau's!!
For the next little while we're going to:
- Get ready for the Warren Family Reunion
- Finish running electricity to our back yard/ shop
- Finish spreading the gravel in the back yard/ planters
- Try to get started on the firepit
- Lay the sprinkling system in the back yard and
- Wait for the grass seed I planted last Saturday to start growing {Crossing my fingers}
In the mean time, check out this cute link I found on MSN. They have some really cute ideas!
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-home/staticslideshowrs.aspx?cp-documentid=24972431>1=32067
4 comments:
This summer has not been long enough at all. Adi starts school in 4 weeks!! Are you going to Hawaii with Justin's family? Sounds fun!
It didn't get warm soon enough to seem like a long summer. It's just the two of us going. It'll be great! I can't believe she's old enough to start school. That's so crazy!
A note on your grass seed. The best time to plant is October. Till it up, plant it cover it with straw. Water it. Let the snow come and cover it. In the spring it will come up wonderful, due to all the snow melting. You may get some grain coming up too, but that is taken care of with your first mowing because, once grains cut it doesnt grow.
Hey thanks. I actually planted it last Saturday. We've been keeping it wet and hoping it will grow. It's only been 5 days, but if it doesn't come up this time, I'll definately try that!
Post a Comment