I have to say, I’m completely loving July. Even though the 4th was a little chilly and I wore my jacket the whole time for the fireworks, it’s not half bad. I’m just glad it’s warming up. All my flowers are blooming, and I’m loving spending time outside with my girls and with Justin!
This week has been a fun one. We didn’t really have a whole lot we HAD to do, so we just flew by the seat of our pants, and of course, we always stay busy.
We have been having weekly family home evening’s again with all the friends, and the last two weeks we’ve been doing it at the park, the weather has been great. We play softball as our game, since we all need the practice and just enjoy the time outdoors. After FHE on Monday, Justin shocked me to death – he asked me if I wanted to go to the play with him….haha a play!!! Of course it was the “Damn Yankees” so it had to do with baseball, but we did go and I had a really good time. It started at 8 and lasted 3 hours though so we were both so old-people-tired by the time we got out of there, lol.
Tuesday night I was hoping to start gathering up some small things for the camper for our Wadsworth Family Reunion this weekend, but Justin decided we should go to the movie. I’m thinking…Man all this nice time alone with my guy…Gotta take advantage while I can. So we went to “Grown Up’s” – good show. I expected it to be a non-stop busting a gut laughing kind of show…and it didn’t quite hit that level, but it was still funny.
So Yesterday I had to cram all the shopping, and snack making and sort of packing into one night. Justin helped me and it was great.
We went to Walmart and got all our stuff gathered up. He makes fun of me all the time because when I go grocery shopping, I get everything I can think of that we possibly need so I don’t have to come back for a long time {Yes I’m one of the people you HATE to stand in line behind –sorry}. But I always have a super heavy cart, loaded to the top and it’s strangely in perfect order…haha. I keep the cans with the cans, the cold stuff together, the fruit and veggies together, the boxed items together and the stuff I don’t want smashed aka chips, bread etc. gets to sit up top with my purse. Needless to say, when Justin comes, we don’t make it through with such order—but we make it and I think that’s all that matters.
So after we get home, I tried 3 new recipes, all in one night: D for snacks for the reunion. I made (Don’t laugh, I had never made them before, I just watched my mom make them) Rice Crispy treats. I also made the Salty Chex and Gardetto’s snack mix and I made the sticky sweet Chex and slivered almonds and coconut snack mix. All easy to transport and store – to the mountain they go.
I was excited they all turned out so yummy…I just can’t eat as many of all of them as I want to— when we did our Evidence of Insurability physicals the other day, my results came back with a cholesterol score of 201!!! Seriously, I have eaten well and exercised my whole life….But oh well. I’ll just do what I have to do…
I’m excited for tonight though. We’ll be busy, after a meeting at my house at 4, then picking up the camper we have a Company BBQ for EOG @ 6 then we’re going to the rodeo at 7 or 7:30.
Then we get to leave for Provo River Falls for the Reunion tomorrow. So excited to see the whole family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment