
I just finished the book I bought in St. George about 10 days ago. It isn't really that long of a book with a little over 300 pages, but I feel like it has taken me forever to read. I honestly thought when I was buying it that since it was called "Eat, Pray, Love" that it would be an LDS novel {because I bought it in UTAH- Duh}, which of course, it wasn't. See what I get for assuming, lol. It was, however, a very interesting book. Elizabeth Gilbert is such a witty writer, I just couldn't get enough. Her use of metaphors was constantly cracking me up {not in a fall off my chair sort of way, but a 'chuckle just enough so Justin gets curious and makes me read the sentence outloud just so I can hear it again' sort of way}. She is obviously a well educated writer, which to me, makes the book all the better. She has many references to important people, history, language, religion and so on. I must say it's probably not for everyone...When I was just finishing probaly the first 40 pages, I was reading at the salon when the lady next to me asked if I liked it. I told her so far it was really good and she said "I must confess, I never could bring myself to finishing it." Haha, I was like...what an encouraging piece of information, thank you for making me curious as to why NOT to read this book. I did make it through however and thoroughly enjoyed it. Warning, she does 'say' the F-word a few times, but the best thing about a book is you can skip what you don't want to absorb :)
If you want to hear what Oprah had to say about it, visit her website and you can search it by book title. Very intersting information. It is also being made into a movie (which I just discovered while looking for a picture to go with this post) in which Elizabeth will be played by Julia Roberts. Wow.
If anybody wants to borrow it, feel free to let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment