Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I feel like Noah.

I've decided that when it rains it pours....but that's okay. After battling the bank, Friday afternoon we finally got the date set to close for today, Tuesday the 13th. We just had to be sure the furnace got turned on and the appliances all got installed so we could pass the final inspection by the appraiser. So after checking up on the appliances Friday night and Saturday morning, and they weren't completely finished, I decided we should come in Sunday after work to check on them again and make sure they were ready for the appraiser to come Monday. Well when we got there, I could hear a funny noise when we walked in the house, but I decided it was just the furnace working so I checked out the kitchen and all was well with the appliances. After I stood for a minute longer I decided that was a REALLY noisy furnace...so I went to investigate. The furnace is in the basement so I walked down the stairs and found a HUGE problem. I yelled at Justin and he was like "Just a minute" and I was like...."No...umm...NOW, we have a huge problem!"
There were 7" inches of standing water in the entire basement that had begun to come up the stairwell and had almost "breeched" the top of the bottom stair. Justin ran into the room and found and turned off the broken water line and uncovered the drain in the basement so the water could run out. At this point I was in shock....and really scared that we would not be able to close Today.
Long story short, the builder cut his vacation short and came home and fixed everything so the appraiser could pass the inspection for us. I got an E-mail this morning from our realtor wanting to know what time to set up our closing appointment and now we're just waiting....and hoping and praying everything will work out.

No comments: