
I just finished reading the book Homeward by Marcie Anne Jenson. It is an LDS novel about a Chilean Indian who is orphaned as a child and adopted into an American LDS Family, who returns to Chile at the request of her biological Mapuche Indian grandmother and discovers her biological ancestory and connects the history of her Mapuche lineage with the lineage of the gospel.
I honestly had a hard time reading this book. I had to get nearly 2/3 of the way through the book before it "turned into a good book." I think part of the reason I had a hard time getting into it was because of all the ethnic references involved in it. There are many Spanish and Mapudungun words and the story is quite piecey at the beginning. Although, I am grateful I persevered and finished it, because the ending is worth it. The story comes together, makes you want to cry and smile for the rest of the day :D What a good book is supposed to do :D
No comments:
Post a Comment