Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ambers Beautiful House

Last night, Justin and I went to his cousin, Amber's new house to have dinner with Justins aunt and three cousins. We had not been in this house, or even seen it since it was being framed and I was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED at how much I loved it. I've come to realize that Amber and I have very similar tastes, for example. My wedding colors were brown and green, and, unbeknownst to me, she designed her whole house in the colors brown and green. It was so georgous, I loved it. Even the layout, it was modern with an old cottage feel to it. I would move in tomorrow is how much I loved it. I had kindof been dragging my feet on our building the house project because it just seems so far away and it's g oing to be so expensive, but after I saw her house, I got so excited all over again about how many different possibilities there were and just the hopes that someone could love my house as much as I loved hers. We both love to cook and are very interested in health and nutrution. She's VERY organized, which I also enjoy as having as one of my talents. I was astonished. Everything was BRIGHT white, with brown and green accents, which I thought was a great idea because all of the white doesn't get overwhelming because the dark brown of her flooring counteracts it very well. It brings the color back into perspective almost, then she used the most adorable decorations, all in green, as accents and it's just to die for. I love the freshness and simplicity of it. As opposed to putting the color into the cabinets and the paint and things, she left those neutral and put the color into her furnishings and decor, which made is so much more noticable. I just loved it. I can't stop gushing...haha. One more thing....since it's all white, she can change her accent colors whenever she wants and not have to worry about repainting or having it clash with one furnishing or another, because they are all white...it's great.
I'm now so excited to get going on our house, I just want it here and to decorate it and really be able to give it some attitude and personality, just like Amber did with her adorable house. It really is, just so Amber. Love it!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chelsie, You are so sweet! I do love my house so much, but it's nice to hear that someone else loves it as much as I do! Love ya sis!