Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Shield


Last night, Justin and I had the opportunity to go to the temple and do some Initatories. I have to tell you that after a long day of so much hurrying and thinking and trying to be professional, there is no better place to go to be calm, and comforted. I had to wait for a few minutes after the Initatory, and I can't describe how grateful I am for the feeling of closeness to the Lord the temple provides. The magnitude of the knowledge that there is no other place on earth that you can be closer to god is outstanding. It was a reminder that the lord loves us, takes care of us, watches out for us, wants us to be happy and blesses us. He appreciates the time we take to do the work , and in return for that work, we are blessed even more.


After we went home and ate dinner, we read a couple chapters in the Book Of Mormon (we have been trying to get through it for 2 years now) and had such a great time discussing the things we had read and learned. Discussing faith, and trust in the lord. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the true gospel of Jesus Christ and for the trust I have in the lord. There is no greater power than to act in the lords ways and to follow his teachings and spiritual promptings.


It was a wonderful reminder of what this life is all about.

No comments: