Friday, December 25, 2009

Dudley Family Christmas Party
















After Justin and I went to Salt Lake Friday, we got home, just in time, Saturday to go to Justin's mom's extended family Christmas party, then my families Dudley party. My Dad did wagon rides for the Pratt party, which was great fun. Sparky {the horse} did great, and was such a smooth ride. She has learned to gallop in the hitch and it is so pretty and smooth, I just loved it.
At the Dudley party, we had the always expected, ham, potatoes, jello salads and great treats for dessert. I helped Hailey make a gingerbread house, {very messy, but worth every bit}. She is such a doll. So darn cute. I just can't get enough of that girl. Afterwards, we played "THE GAME" which we play every year. Some years the stealing of presents gets rediculous and makes it boring and irritating for everyone who is not in the "stealing circle" so this year, I almost didn't even play. I didn't want to encourage the "un-christmas-like" feelings that it made me and a few other family members have, but after Justin told me that he did want to play, and that he would help me make sure we had a good time and kept a smile on, I decided it would be okay. It got kinda hard since it seemed like I was always the person getting stolen from, so I finally decided to set an example and not let the stealing continue by just opening another present instead of continuing the stealing. It felt pretty good...
Wow that was long. Anyway. It was great to see the whole family together, and it was a really good time!

No comments: