Tuesday, November 24, 2009

St.George

Justin and I went to St.George this past weekend to visit Tyler, Amy, Josie and Dallin. The weather was warm, but just chilly enough to wear a jacket. Justin had a great time visiting with and helping Tyler, he looks up to him in so many different ways. Dallin is a little chunker, but is adorable. He looks just like Monty to me, with his chubby little cheeks and the little dimples he has under his eyes and his super light hair.

Justin, Amy and I spent Saturday cleaning and working in the new house, we got a lot done, then that afternoon, when Tyler got finished with his meetings we all worked on packing things and hauling them out to the trailer.

Sunday, Tyler got called out to a job to weld on an 80' cell tower. Justin went with him to help, and it wore him plum out. While they were gone Amy and I kept packing and hauling, we made quite the dent. Then it was time for Josie to go down for a nap and Amy and I lost all our drive, lol. We sat and talked through Josie and Dallin's nap until the guys got home.

Yesterday, Justin and I packed up and headed home. We had a slight detour through Alpine to pick up a special Christmas present from my mom to Hailey, then we went to South Jordan to pick up another special Christmas present from my mom. We didn't get out of Salt Lake until about six.

When we got to the top of the Strawberry Pinnacles, Justin and I were the first people to come upon a wreck. A man had rolled his Toyota 4Runner across the 4 lane highway and landed in the bar ditch facing the other way. The man was fine and had no passengers but I called 911 and waited until the police showed up. We are just blessed that we weren't there 30 seconds sooner or he would have taken us out with him! We didn't leave the top of the pinnacles until about 8:30, so we didn't get home til 11. It was a long day of driving, but we enjoyed spending the time together. We are excited for this week of family time, food and Thanksgiving. It's going to be great.

I'm so excited to go pick up our girls from Melanie's house too! She babysat Liddy and Bailey while we were gone, and we missed them so much!!

No comments: