Yesterday Tiffany, Hailey, Mom, Nichole and Me all got up early and drove to midway for thier famous Swiss Days. I didn't really know what to expect, but since Justin and Dad and both Eric's went to the Sand Dunes this weekend and left us home alone, I figured what the heck. Alison invited me months ago then it expanded from there with us inviting people. It was fun. Hailey hated the car ride, but she's very attached to her mom so that was hard for her. She slept most of the time but when she wasn't sleeping, she was crying. She did really well though, such a trooper. She spend half the day in the car, then the other half being pushed around in a bumpy stroller in the sun. It was SO hot. It was really neat though. Whoever set it up was incredibly organized. There were free shuttles, they didn't charge admission, it was free to everyone. There were food booths everywhere on the East side of the park then from there West was completely packed with Booths. We saw so many cute and interesting things for sale. People are so creative. I'm glad I kept myself under control so well or I couldv'e spent a lot of money. Tiffany, Alison and Nichole bought themselves some really cute things. The majority of the stuff for sale was home decor oriented type stuff, but that wasn't all. There was a lot of metal working stuff, there was a booth filled with different types of little wooden guns that shot rubber bands and marshmallows and stuff. There were purses, signs, soaps, scriptures, calendars, paper dolls, Mod Mom wraps, picture frames galore, quilts, clothes, a lot of vinyl lettering booths and so on. We had a lot of fun. It was good to get out of the house and experience something new. On the way home we stopped in Myton/Bridgeland and ate at the new Hollow Moon Cafe. I've heard so many people rant and rave over it and yeah, it was good...but not any different than a lot of other places...Just regular food.. and they were incredibly slow, good nonetheless.

Hailey was much happier to have all her clothes off on the car ride home, which helped.
1 comment:
It's always fun to have a girls outing. I thought you were going to go to the sand dunes with the guys? Oh well, it's just hot and sandy, you're not missing much! glad you had fun with your fam!
Post a Comment