Yesterday wasn't my actual Birthday, but it sure felt like it! I went to Women's Conference yesterday morning, and it was fantastic. The spirit was so strong and encouraging-- just what I needed.
I had picked up Trish and Ali, and we sat by my mom so I was surrounded with people I love, which made it extra good.
After the conference, Trish and I after changing our minds 5 times went and got lunch at Wimpy's. I hadn't been there since High School and was pretty disappointed.
Afterwards, we went to Real Deals across the street, because I needed a big clock for my basement.
Well...I don't know how many years it has been now, but I have always loved Mora Clocks. I have only ever seen them in pictures, and searched for them on ebay/KSL/etc. over the years, but never one in real life.
I was completely obsessed- I know.
So...we walk into Real Deals and there stand TWO- not one - TWO mora clocks.
I almost died....
Then I sent Justin a picture with the Price tag and he said "If you love it, buy it"...
so WA-LA
This is my new baby, lol.
After Real Deals, my dad had to come to town to help me pick it up since Justin was still at work and our truck is still FULL of stuff from his camping trip.
I really do have the greatest dad in the world.
Then the laundry list started: Go to walmart, pick up ice cream, come home, change clothes, make taco soup for the party, take Trish and Ali home, gather up stuff for the party, (I may or may not have passed out on the bed for a siesta by this point)
Then we loaded up the Truck and headed to UBATC for my Dance Party.
I feel way too old to have a Birthday party, but it was fun to see everyone and eat and play.
(You know-- do what we're good at)
Trish got me the cutest scarf from Real Deals! Love it.
This is a Church Bench out of the old Vernal Tabernacle, which is now the Temple. My dad found it at work and the end had been torn off. He knew I would LOVE it, so he fixed it up and tricked me into thinking he was going to use it as a drivin bench on his hay wagon. I was so jealous.
So when I walked into the room for the party and saw it there, I walked over and I just told him "I hope that's mine."
He just grinned.
I am so spoiled.
While Justin was gone, I might have done a little birthday shopping of my own...I got all new towels, rugs, throw pillows and blankets and a few other "normal" things that I decided I would just buy and blame it on being my birthday.
I told Justin months ago that I wanted this book, and he ordered it and hid it from me til yesterday.
He really is so thoughtful.
More Real Deals finds (that store really is going to get me in some trouble)
Mom bought me the cutest Damask throw blanket and some new rugs for the basement bathroom.
I always swore I wouldn't be the "weird lady" that asked for "practical things" for her birthdays and Christmas.
Well here I am-- eating my words.
After Justin posted a very disturbing video of me 'Just Dancing' on Facebook- this is as close to Blackmail as I could find on him.
That's right...
I can't tell everyone how much I appreciate them coming and hanging out with us. Even though I'm getting old and don't want to celebrate my birthdays anymore (I never thought that day would come), We had a great time and I love spending it with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment