Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve

For Christmas this year, since both our families were in town, we decided to split up Christmas Dinner between My family on Christmas Eve and his Family Christmas Evening. I was in charge of the Ham and Relish Tray (Thanks J&L Oilfield for the awesome ham!) Justin had to work both days, so on Christmas Eve I loaded up my treats and headed to Jensen. Dad had Spark (the horse) All harnessed up with her bells and everything, ready to go for a wagon ride and caroling when I got there.
We got the Ham in the oven and loaded the family and Blankets into the wagon, and off we went.






We went around the block a few times, and as always, my dad had the greatest idea. We went and picked up Tamara Sharp. (If you don't know who that is click here). As we pulled up, we could see her staring through the window at us. When Dad stopped, I got out and ran up to the door. Jan, her mom, answered and saw us outside and said "That's why she's been knocking on the door," So we asked if she would like to go for a ride, and of course that was a silly question. She loved every minute.

After the Wagon riding was over, we went back to the house and proceeded to eat entirely way too much dinner. It was completely delicious, and we ate all night long. Justin made it out to play with us around 4, and when he got there we started to play some games. My little brother decided to teach us Hand and Foot (We were all ready to die) It took forever,  but it was a great time. We had lots of laughs, as always, and tried to keep the Cheating under control (A-hem, Tiffany and Jason).  By the time we got home we were completely too full, and tired, but since I knew Justin had to go to work at 3am, and we would be going to Jensen as soon as he got home, we opened our stockings before bed.
We decided that between buying ourselves the new Big Screen for the basement and the new iPad that we would only do Stockings this year.
Justin was so thoughtful and had Tiffany crochet me another pair of my favorite house slippers, I got some awesome jewelry, my favorite chap stick, and some other little things I needed. Justin got 2 new Blue Ray DVD's for his new Blue ray player, New PJ Pants, a Zippo Liter and some Almond Snickers (his favorite).


No comments: