Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Part 1...

I have talked Justin into letting me 'conduct' another crazy craft project. He has been kind enough to help too!


If any of you remember my cabinets-- when we painted them white at the beginning of this year- we also painted the surround on the Bar White.

{Please ignore the messy counters}
I decided I wanted to add some color & texture to the surround, so we decided to use painted bead board to add some ' visual interest'

We tested out a few paint colors we already have in the house and decided we liked the green best.

So.. Off we went to Lowes. We had them mix more of our Green Paint {Which matches our Green wall}- And we bought our Bead board.

I took the measurements with me to the store and had them cut the pieces for me. It's so much faster that way! Plus it's free. {Score}

So. Once we got the pieces home- I laid them all out in the basement and got to work painting.

Justin notched out the holes for the molding/ plug in's etc. for me.

This is the "current status" after the first coat of paint on all of our pieces.

Update to follow
:D

No comments: