I love it when Justin has 4 day weekends. It makes me wonder what life would be like if he had every weekend off. {Daydreaming...} Anyway... Friday after work we went to dinner with his Mom @ Cafe Rio- which was very yummy. love.tortilla.soup! Then I went home and baby sat Hailey and Natalie while Dad, Justin, Jason and Tiffany drove up Dry Fork to look for Deer to shoot for their depredation tags. When they got back a few hours later, the girls and I were almost passed out on the couch watching Shrek and eating M&M's-- good times.
Then we ran down to the park to see if our friends were still there for a birthday party they had invited us to. They ended up still being there, so we sat and talked and played until about midnight. Happy Birthday Mike! It was pretty fun.
Then 5:30 Saturday morning came pretty fast...Tiffany and Jason dropped off the girls, with my Mom and her and I watched the girls while the rest of em went back up the Canyon to look for deer. They didn't get any though so when they got back, we cooked a huge breakfast- Crepes, Hashbrowns, Eggs, Bacon and Grape Julius (Justin's newest invention). It was super yummy! After everyone left, we went to Jensen and processed some pears while dad and Justin worked on hauling Hay. We went to grandma's and picked her tomatoes, cucumbers and raspberries to bottle later.
After we went back to mom's house we picked her tomatoes and apples too and then it was time to head back to town to get ready for Connor's 3rd birthday party! I hurried home and got my relish tray ready and went to the Naples Park.
On my way there, I saw these 2 little kids riding their bikes- with training wheels still on- down the highway. They were SUPER small to be riding their bikes alone down a busy highway, so I stared at them and then realized that I knew who they were. I recognized them from Primary and they were my neighbors 4 year old twins. A boy and a girl, and they were dashing through interesections, racing down the side walk- and scaring me to death! So I called my visiting teaching partner to call my neighbor cause I didn't have their number and just then Justin pulled up, so he watched the kids while I went on to the birthday party- but come to find out, the next day at church, we were told that they decided to go to grandma's house so they got on their bikes and were off....I was so glad they were alive- but whew...anyway...
After the kids were safe and sound, I went and met up with Justin at the party and we had dinner, cupcakes, and ice cream at the park. The guys brought their remote control airplanes and helicoptors and played with them out in the fields. I should have taken a picture, but all the little boys at the park were following them around. It was like a little row of ducks- all watching the airplanes cause they were so cool.
After the party, I went back to moms house to juice the pears we had boiled down earlier. I was going to juice them with my victorio strainer (love that thing) and make Jelly out of it. I didn't mind if it was a littl pulpy, but after straining it and having so much pulp come through, it was more the consistency of apple sauce, so we decided to bottle it as "pear sauce" and I can use it later in life as baby food, or sweeten it and cook it down to top crepes or something. Good learning experience.
The next batch, I'm going to cook down in a steamer Juicer so I only get the clear pear juice and can use it to make jelly.
Sunday we got to go to church together for the first time in quite a while. It was nice to not sit alone in Sacrament. It gets old. After church, we both crashed on the couch and then we woke up, got some KFC for dinner (shhh...I was supposed to make fried chicken and I forgot so...we had to buy it on a Sunday. My fault- dangit). Anyway, we got our food and headed to Jensen and picked up my parents, Tiffany, Jason and the Girls. Mammy, Pappy and Melanie headed out a few minutes before us, but we drove to the Colorado side of Blue mtn. to Justin's favorite County road up there, and we went and watched the Elk and listened to them bugle while we ate our dinner. It's becoming a tradition- we've done it for 3 years in a row now. I've never been a big "game" person, or one to watch Elk or deer etc. but this is something I've learned to love and enjoy. There are SO MANY Elk up there and when they bugle in that big "bowl" of a mountain it echos and it sounds like a Choir. Love It.
Today I'm happy to be able to just sit for a few minutes and relax, lol. Justin is so busy that he keeps me going on the weekends he's off, and even though they're great and fun- It wears me out! Haha.
Today is my Dad's 48th birthday. He is such an amazing man. I have always been so blessed to have him in my life. He's been my best friend for so many years. He's the most humble man I've ever met. He helps anyone with anything at the drop of a hat, no matter the cost. He has taught me to pray and rely on my Father in Heaven for anything and Everything and to trust in him completely. My dad is the perfect example of living a Christ like Life and I'm so blessed to have him. I'm excited to one day have him be the "poppa" for my kids and I pray that they can soak up his love and compassion to their fullest extent because he truly is a blessing in my life and I know he will be in theirs also!
LOVE YOU DAD!




3 comments:
So I was looking at your post and thought that little girl looked awfully familiar...and it's because Jason and Tiffany are in our ward and little Natalie is in nursery with me! She's an adorable little girl! Tiffany's your sister, right?
Yeah! Tiffany is my sister. Isn't Natalie a doll?? Hailey is a sweet heart too but Natalie is going through that "I just want to squeeze you to death because you're so cute" phase. Love it.
Stumbled upon your blog, those cupcakes are so freaking cute!
emily @ someday-baby.blogspot.com
Post a Comment