This is my favorite time of year! It's warm outside, my plants are growing, I don't have to wear a winter coat to walk the dogs, etc. etc. It's just the good life!
It's been crazy to have so much water this year, so when it gets hot during the day, it all evaporates and we have like nightly rain storms-- I guess that's what we get for living in a "soup bowl" of a basin.
I haven't been super great at updating this thing lately, so I guess that just means I have more to report when I do get on here huh? lol
Well: Exciting news! I got a promotion last Friday! WAHOO! I am transitioning to an Operations Specialist/Scheduler- I'll get my own office and a raise and title change and the works! So I'm super excited for that!!!
Justin finally got his new work truck, the old one was so beat up and mileaged out, we could write a list 17 miles long of all the problems that thing had....It was time to go.
So we were more than happy to welcome home his brand new work truck a couple weeks ago!
We have been working in the basement really hard this last little while (which makes me super happy). We've got most of the Sheet Rock up and the morning of July 4th, Justin and his dad spent almost all day in the basement plumbing the bathroom.
We got the tub in and the plumbing ran so now we just have to sheet rock in there too and we'll be on to tape/mud/texture.
I can't say I'm excited for that part, and honestly we've been trying to find people to do it for us fairly cheaply, lol.
There is a guy that plays softball with us that does drywalling and painting so we're going to have him come bid it out for us and see if we can afford him, so we can get ready for paint and flooring.
That is like the MOST exciting part to me--because that means it's nearly finished.
The puppies are growing like crazy! They're 5 weeks old today and I absolutely Can not believe it!
We also got Justin's black truck finished and Licensed so he had to take it up to the Car Show at the Flaming Gorge Lodge over the long weekend and he had a BLAST showing off his 4 year proje
ct that is finally finished!
For the evening of the 4th of July we had some pretty nasty rain and lightning and thunder, so I was worried they were going to cancel the fireworks, so I ran down to the park to see and there was the usual groups of people by the 100's sitting on the lawns- umbarellas dawned- waiting for the show. So I called Justin and he brought the traditional Little Caesars Pizza and blankets and we played at the park with my family for the evening.
We have some traditions in my family what might seem small or unusual, but the older I get and closer we get to having kids, the more excited I am to be able to share that family time and traditions with them! They get to experience the same long time traditions I've always enjoyed and that makes me happy!
These last 2 weeks have been the Mens league softball tournaments for the city league Justin plays on. They played in the B League all season and had a good enough record that they got bumped up to A League and beat out quite a few teams to take 3rd place. They did a great job!
Then Last night Justin and I went to practice with some friends for Co-Ed, which starts on Monday. I knew I hadn't done anything with a softball since last year, so I knew it was gonig to be bad, but-- Man! I'm getting old!
So anyways-- if that wasn't a jumbled mess of mumbling, I dont' know what is.
The moral of the story is- everything is good! We're having a great summer! Staying super busy, enjoying the house, eachother, the dogs, the outdoors, and our friends and family!!!!
I love summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment