Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Doings...

We love to keep busy during the summers, and this one has been no exception.

I am planning 2 Baby showers for the first 2 weekends in August and I have loved every piece of it. I'm totally that girl! Loving all the pink and ribbons and party favors and planning the food. This is going to be good!

This last Sunday I had to teach the lesson Sunday School. I was pretty nervous since I'd only ever taught primary... so it was a little more intimidating. I made it through pretty well and by the time I got home I was feeling good! I decided to pre wrap all the utensils for Chelsea's shower with the cute napkins and bakers twine.


The puppies are 6 weeks old now. We took them for their 6w appointment on Friday. The largest boy weighed 10 lbs. and the smallest weighed 7 lbs. They got their parvo shots so now they can play outside! YAY!

I let them out in the front lawn and they have been loving water since they have been weaned, so when they found the "big kid water bowl" They all had to try it out!


Here's a picture of the house...I've got some weeds to pull out front and I am going to change the decorations on the front porch to pink for the shower.


Liddy has been loving spending time sleeping on the floor in the laundry room. I think she's finally trying to catch up from raising all 9 of those puppies!
When we weighed her at the vet on Friday, we was 61 lbs. which was a relief to me because she's looking like skin and bones after she's shed so much of her hair.
She weighed 65 lbs. when all of this started, so 4lbs isn't bad!


All of this puppy mess and decorating mess has made my house...a mess, lol. I've been spread out all over the dining table for weeks now with all my various little projects.
It sure has made me glad it built a bigger table so I have room to make all these fun messes.


I went into Country Cottage the other day and found this plaque and I just had to have it. It went on the shelf in the dining room and I love to just sit and stare at it and think about what it means.

We have decided to sell Sophie. She is in need of a home that can give her more constant attention than we can. She's such a sweet dog, she just needs the time and energy that we can't give her, so for now. She's listed on KSL and thebasin.biz.
It's sad, but it's for the best!


Here's some of the craftyness we've been putting up in Aynzlee's room. We stenciled a cherry blossom branch onto her white dresser, which matches the larger branch we put on her wall.
It's completely adorable!


Here's a sneak peak @ the shower garb...

I am making this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Chandelier
 to hang from the center of the white tent that we're putting up in the back yard. I started assembling the Paper flower balls last night, as well as the geometric balls I bought. {I got some paper lanterns to throw in there too, but they're not in this picture}
I need to make a few more/smaller/different colored flower balls before I can start stringing it all together.



For party favors- we're doubling as thank you's so we made all these little Bath Salt Jars.
I bought all the supplies for these @ http://www.save-on-crafts.com/. Except for the stamp. You buy the tags plain and I stamped the cute little pink Thanks on them. {Thanks Hobby Lobby}


Here are the utensils and stripey straws all set up in their jars with their bakers twine bows. They're ready to go.
{Man I love those stripey straws-they're so cute!}


I also got Ms. Aynzlee this porcelain piggy bank that I'm going to stick her name on the side in pink vinyl as part of her gift table decorations.


I also found this awesome damask hat box on clearance @ Hobby Lobby- so of course I had to buy it. We're going to use it as a "cards" box.


This is going to be so adorable. I can't wait!

Coming Up:
  1. This weekend our puppies will be going to their new homes. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. They're my babies and I'm going to miss them!
  2. We are going camping for the first time this year, this coming weekend @ the Dudley Family Reunion. I can't wait! I LOVE Camping. Plus we get to float the River on Saturday. Super excited
  3. We have got 3/4 of our basement sheet rocked "Hallelujah"...and we've got all the plumbing and electrical done! So in the continuing events, we will be working on finishing the sheet rock, so we can find some poor sucker to come tape, mud and texture it for us! I can't wait!!!
  4. I have not had a soda in 5 days. That's not "coming up" but it will continue to "count up" because I'm over the extra 300 calories a day that make me feel like crap :D
  5. Next weekend is the Warren Family Reunion. We don't get to go and stay the whole time, but I'm looking forward to getting to go visit on the mtn. and enjoy some good company and camping food!!
Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

No comments: