Sunday, March 27, 2011

First time Glazing...


So I had this beautiful picture of Jesus that was given to me. I love the picture but I didn't like the wood frame. The tone doesn't really match my house.

So I decided to Paint it. So I taped off the glass really well...

...And I spray painted it white. But I ran out of paint right as I was finishing so it looked kindof splotchy...

So I decided to try glazing it.
I mixed 1 part Choclate Brown Ceramcoat paint with 1 part water


And then I painted it on... Waited a minute.. and wiped it back off with a paper towel.
After I got the first part wiped off and it wasn't too ugly, I was relieved.

So I kept going...

And here it is finished.



I was really worried it would turn out ugly or be hard and it was neither. It took me about 10 minutes and turned out nice.
Whew...

No comments: