Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bedroom Re-do!

I decided our bedroom needed a little updating. There was nothing wrong with it, but I decided it was missing a "wow" factor, and of all places, I think your Master Bedroom should have a "wow" factor.

So this was it before.....

Yep-- basket of laundry and everything
Kindof drab...but not too bad right?

So I stenciled the walls with a Rabat Stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils
 I hung my new shelf, and curtains as well. We hung our headboard a little higher on the wall instead of letting it sit on the floor-- and this is my masterpiece :D

I think I found my "wow" factor...
 I moved the dresser and swapped the old TV for some cute decorations

I just couldn't get rid of my antique ceiling tin, so I had to shove it up on that shelf




I also moved the trunk from the end of the bed to in front of the window and moved the bench I build last summer from the dining room to the end of the bed....
Now I need to build a new bench but I think it was worth it!!!

 So in the end:
Before:                                                After:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute Chels! It's definitely got a "wow" factor.

Chelsie said...

Thank You!!