Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vintage? "It just means OLD"

I've been wanting a long narrow 'vintage' looking table to go on my front porch for a long time now.
When we first bought the house I LOVED this front porch. I thought it was the coolest thing- and I soon realized that although it was very cool it was also very narrow!
I've had a hard time finding something just the right size to fit in this space-- so I decided to build something.
But while trying to come up with ideas of what to build it out of and to paint/stain or distress/leave pristine..It hit me..
I had a pile of old barn wood that Justin has been {ever so lovingly} collecting for me for the past few years.
So the work began...



I started with 6 old boards.


I laid them out how I wanted and started screwing together the base. After I got the first side of the base in place, I flipped it over and attached the other side.
Then we glued/finish nailed the top on and
Tu-Duh!!
There she is!!!
Now I was having a conversation with my dad the other day about this table I was contemplating building and I told him I thought I was going to use this old barn wood. I love the coloring and character of it and think it's just plain awesome. My little brother was sitting in on the conversation and goes "Why would you want to build something 'new' out of something 'old'"
I told him I loved the character and charm of vintage items and he goes
"So you really mean you just like old stuff?"
So to put it quite simply...
Here is my new/old table.
And I love it!
{nottomention- it was free!}

4 comments:

Tiarra said...

I am jealous of your creation skills. You make such amazing stuff!!!

Chelsie said...

Thank You! But It's the other way around! I love all the hair pieces you've been making for Astoria! Now if I only had a little girl, lol ;)

Anonymous said...

UGH. . Could you please just come and decorate my house?? Thanks! LOL I love that you just think of these things and just do it! I am so jealous! But.. its amazing.. cant wait to come out and see it! : )

Chelsie said...

I can't wait either!!! I'm so so excited! I'm glad you like my table. I honestly thought most people would HATE it...because it's old and such. But I LOVE it, so I'm glad you love it too!!!