Monday, January 24, 2011

Grandma Rosie's Meatballs





These meatballs have been famous in my family for years. Everyone loves them and I got to make them for myself for the first time today. They are delicious and filling!
If you want to try them out here's the recipe.

1 lb. hamburger
1lb. sausage
1 c. Breadcrumbs
1/4 C. Milk
1 Grated Carrot
Minced Onion

Mix all ingredients together. Form into round balls and cook @ 350 for 35 minutes.
Sauce:
1 small can tomato soup
1 cup catsup
1 tsp. mustard
1 chopped green pepper
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 c. Water
Salt


You can cook the sauce down in a pan and serve when the meatballs are done-- or you can mix them all together in a crock pot and turn them back on tomorrow for some delicious leftovers!
We eat them over white rice.
Easy Peasy...

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

alesha said...

Mmm those sound super yummy! I'll have to try them some time!

Jada said...

all I have to say is YUM!!! Maybe I should make some too.