Friday, October 8, 2010

More Great ideas....

So...I absolutely love this Mantle Shelf. I have seen so many like it in pictures and have wanted one so badly! So...I finally decided, I'm going to make Justin help me make one, lol. I've seen tutorials on them before and it's just a bunch of trim glued/nailed together and painted and distressed.
I know it will take time, but this is one thing I've loved forever...so I'll sacrifice and just do it :D
If....of course...I can talk Justin into ditching some of the (millions of) things he has to do, so he can help me.
P.S. We have had tornados for the last 2 days. My dad saw the first one on Wednesday around 5 and it went right over town, only about half way down out of the sky so it didn't damage anything. The wind and hail were horrible though.
Then again last night, we were at Pratt's for dinner and building fence and another tornado warning came on the radio so we stood in the back room {right by all the windows that they adivse to stay away from} and WE SAW IT! It was insane, the wind was blowing so hard, we were watching the clouds just whip around until they started spinning in a circle and formed a huge funnel. SCARY!!!
So we went in the kitchen and ate pie and played chickenfoot...haha.

2 comments:

alesha said...

Ahh I've been needing a shelf soo badly and that mantle one is PERFECT! Where are the tutorials you're looking at! I wanna make one!

Chelsie said...

I'll have to find one and I'll send it to you. I watched it a LONG time ago,but I'll try :D