Friday, October 1, 2010

I can't believe it's OCTOBER!

In 9 days...it's going to be 10/10/10...Crazy huh?
Just a thought!
I am so excited for conference this weekend! It's always such a comforting and cozy experience to cuddle up on the couch and watch and listen to the speakers. I try to soak up everything they have to say and always come away refreshed and inspired. I'll be the first to admit that I have a hard time staying awake through ALL of the talks...but that's what DVR is for right :D
I have my first quiz in my PSY 1730 class today and I'm kindof nervous. I have a perfect 100% in that class so far and DON'T want to screw it up....and I'm not quite sure what to study. It's a very basic class so it's hard to absorb things that seem like common sense...i.e. to have sufficient time to study, you have to have good time management skills and set that time aside.
Easy right? That's what I thought...So we'll see how this quiz goes.
Tomorrow Justin and my dad are going to lock themselves away in the "man cave"/shed and work on his truck ALL DAY LONG!
That's all Justin wanted from my parents for his birthday, was one full day of undistracted dad help. It's going to be fun and interesting to see how much progress they can make!
I just got finished with a major 'change the way you eat' rehaul...I don't like to call it dieting-- I don't like calling things 'going on a diet' because a diet is an everyday thing. It is the way you eat...so you can't necessarily go on a diet...if you get what I mean.
Anyway I did a 3 day cleanse (so hard!!!) that consisted of water, Juice, and apples and beets. They are the super fruits and are known for their body cleansing abilities-- plus beets are GREAT for your complexion...Nice little perk.
Anyway...I realized that- I don't need soda. I've never needed soda. It's why I've gone for years at a time before without drinking any and not really noticed. What I do crave however...are carbs...Yummy. I am a Carb-o-holic.
I love breads, and pastries and pastas. I love cupcakes and brownies. I was craving Eggo's SO BADLY! It wasn't even funny. Anyway-- found my weakness :D Now I get to continue 'cleaning it up.'
So I lost 2 lbs. doing that. In just 3 days. And amazingly- I feel great.
Justin and I have been going to Freedom Fitness and exercising after work for the last week and a half, and it's been fun! And oh MY it feels SO good to actually use machines and lift weights instead of just running! It actually feels like a workout!
Yesterday, we went to the rec. center and practiced some volleyball for me I am playing on a team and our games start next Wednesday so I needed to go get some rust off. It was really fun! My arms needed reminded what hitting a ball felt like-- thus the bruises all up my arms and broken blood vessels in my right hand today... But they were so worth it! I had a great time.
Anyway... That's a wrap! I'll get back to my first working day in October :D
Have a good one!

No comments: