These last few days have been so nice around our house for me. I've been able to work the morning shift for the last three days, so I get off at 3 and get to spend the afternoon at home with Justin. It's amazing the little things you take for granted, like being able to spend an afternoon together, until you don't have that anymore. However. I am so glad to report that I only have to work 2 more nights, hopefully for the rest of my life, lol.
When kids come, it will be another story, but for now. I am grateful that I'm down to 2 late nights for a while.
We have been working on getting our back yard ready for our shed, which will be delivered the 10th. We had to cut down a tree, dig out it's stump, level all the dirt out and we laid a 'border' for the gravel that's coming this week, out of some treated wood, so it can contain the gravel and we won't have it spread all over the yard.
It's been fun to spend the time outside, and enjoy the nice weather.
We finally got the internet up and working at our house and I'm SO GLAD! It's hard to keep up with everything without having it around. It's weird, but oh well. We have it now.
Some fun things we're up to:
- We made home made French Dip and Swiss Sandwiches for the first time for dinner the other day. Super good! Chipata bread, Roast Beef, Swiss cheese and Au Jus.
- We watched the movie "Did you hear about the Morgan's?" last night. Funny show! I liked it. {side note..Hugh Grant is getting old...hmmm}
- Sophie has learned how to sit, and is now working on "Shake" and is doing great! She's so smart.
- Trish and I are planning a bridal shower for Nichole Reynolds for the 17th, and I'm really excited! It's going to be so fun!
- I'm really excited for Conference this weekend. I am off work tomorrow so I plan on cooking all morning while I listen to conference, then my whole family is coming to my house for Easter Dinner. It's going to be so fun. I'm attempting my first Sprial cut ham, and Potato Salad. I'm not really scared because I love to cook and these two things should be easy, but there's a first time for everything.
- Justin, with my permission, has taken over the whole garage in an attempt to hurry up and get his Black 1970 Chevy finished and drivable for the summer so that there won't have to be a mess in the garage much longer.
- Justin and I are going to watch "The Fights" tonight. I don't know what they're really called. Ken Shamrock and his son Ryan Shamrock are in town and I guess Justin used to follow Ken's fighting when he was younger so he really wanted to go to these so I opted to go with him as a date. I don't really care that they're fights, I'm just excited to get out of the house with Justin and have a good time.
- I am hoping to start with Anadarko this coming Thursday, the 8th, which is also the day Monty and Eric both fly home. My last day at the Marriott is the 7th. This will be a good week!
- The only bad thing I've found so far about working mornings is that I miss my "toddler time" swimming with Hailey. They only do it on Thursday mornings so there isn't even an afternoon session I can take her to. I'll just have to take her to the open swim or something, that way she can go down the big slides. We'll figure it out I'm sure.
- Last but not least, our tulips are growing like crazy. They're so fun to watch. They get bigger every day. Justin and I have fun counting all the new little sprouts every day. I think we're up to the 20's so far, which is cool since we started with 3. I love Spring; being able to watch things 'wake up' and start to grow again. The sun comes out and the animals come out of hiding. Just lovin it.
No comments:
Post a Comment