Not much has happened in the last two weeks. We've played softball a lot, but that's just the same story, different day. Monty went back to China on Sunday the 23rd. Other than that we've mostly been spending our time packing and getting Justin ready to go to Alaska. He is going to spend a full week up there with both his brothers, my dad, and his two friends, Colt and Clint. They're going to fish and hunt bears and he is so excited! I have to say I hate to see him go but it's good timing. My sister is due with her second little girl on September 11th, but the baby is breech and too big to turn so they've scheduled her for a C-Section on Wednesday the 2nd, and having Justin gone will free up time for me to help take care of their first little girl Hailey. I'm also looking forward to refinishing our dining table. I'm a little nervous because I'm painting it black and distressing it. If it turns out well it will be great, I just hope I take enough time and care to do it very well! I'm also going to work on refinishing this adorable old wood coat stand that Melanie gave to me. It will also be black and distressed so it will be great. What will be even better is if I can get all of that done while Justin is gone...because it won't get finished very quickly if it's not done before he gets back.
Eric flew in from Bangladesh yesterday and Melanie picked him up from the airport, just to help him re-pack everything and send him back on his plane to Alaska today. I'm so excited to see him, he's been gone for so long! He also was a saint and picked up a few Louie Vuitton's for me, which I'm DIEING to see!!!
Liddy has been happy and healthy for the last three weeks, which makes me so happy! It seemed like it was just one thing after another with her for the longest time and I'm so glad and hopeful that we've gotten her out of all of that! She has missed pepper a lot, but she seems to stay home better now that she doesn't have a partner in crime. She is learning to fetch her rope very well! I've been making a point of spending more than 2 minutes with her everyday. She loves playing tug of war with me which has grown into her learning to fetch.
We've enjoyed sitting out on the front porch watching Justin practice with his bow. It's the funniest thing though because I usually lay back in the same green lawn chair and instead of sitting at my feet she INSISTS on laying on top of me in the chair. It's funny and I love that she is such a sweet and cuddley dog! She's been a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment