It is only once in a very great while that my sweetheart gets a weekend off. {Okay, so every 3rd weekend-- but still}. It is also very rare, that on one of his weekends off that we don't already have lots of plans made-- either going out of town, or parties, or shopping, or lots of little something's going on that keep us busy.
This weekend was different than most for that reason. We had a regular old, nothing going on, Justin being home weekend. I'm not going to lie...it was a little weird, lol.
We have both been fighting the flu, so on Saturday morning, neither of us felt like eating much, so we skipped our traditional Saturday morning breakfast of crepes. That might have been what made it so weird-- who knows. Since we didn't feel like eating, and were both a little extra tired, we slept in. Big time. Like 9am sleep in. It was also weird. After we decided to finally get up and get ready for the day, I told Justin I'd been hungry for the Artichoke Dip at Red Canyon Lodge, so we should go up there for lunch. I had a few errands to run, and Justin wanted to take the dogs running, and to shoot his new gun, so we decided to go do what we needed and meet back at the house at 1 to go up the Mountain.
I decided that I was sick of our old Christmas Tree from Justin's college days, so we tried to take it to the D.I. Guess what? They don't take Christmas Trees-- go figure. So we threw it in the dumpster. Poor little guy... anyway...
After running our errands, we drove up the mountain. It was beautiful. It made me feel like it actually is winter. There was--- wait for it--- SNOW! I know right? It was the weirdest thing.
The Restaurant was nearly deserted....{Except for one really annoying couple, that was super drunk, of which the lady said the F-word 41 times over the course of our meal-- Yes, I counted}
It was extra beautiful up at the lodge, with not many people around. We watched the deer eat out of the bird feeders, as usual. There was also a search and rescue team doing practice rescues out on the pond-- that was pretty cool to watch.
After I had my Artichoke Dip, and curbed my craving, we came back down the mountain, we were tired, so we took a nap.
When we woke up, both of us were tired of being at home, so we decided to go to the movie.
Mission Impossible 3. It was actually pretty good, I was surprised.
I also decided, during that movie, that Justin looks kindof like Tom Cruise.
Justin doesn't believe me, but-- he does share an interesting resemblance to the "1990's Sexiest Man Alive" Eh??


1 comment:
I'm going to have to agree with you, they definitely look like they could be related. Glad you enjoyed your quiet weekend.
Post a Comment