Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad.





For Dad's birthday this year, all he wanted to do was take Tamara on a horse ride. Tamara Sharp is a sweet young lady in our ward in Jensen with several debilitating diseases. She has always had a fondness of horses and dad has taken her on several horse rides before. I even remember riding double with her on my horse Gar one summer before I was married. As she has grown and become more fragile, getting on a horse is too difficult for her. So this year, Dad hitched up the wagon and drove over to the Sharp's to pick her up. The whole family climbed in, and I stayed back to take pictures. I can't describe her laugh- all the way up the street to the bottom of the hill, and all the way back. It's as contageous of a laugh as they come. It is amazing to learn  from my dad- He has the sweetest spirit and knowing him, being able to make Tamara smile was a better gift than anyone else could have given him that day- or any day.

1 comment:

Marlynn said...

Ok Seriously how sweet! I teared up...I must be getting old and emotional.

What a special thing for your dad to do for Tamara!!