After six hours of battling with the incompetent doctors at their local hospital they flew him to the IHC Heart and Lungs center in Salt Lake City. His lungs were full of water, which caused his oxygenation levels to drop to 6%, which was causing congestive heart failure. It was very scary. So when we found out what was going on, I jumped online, booked hotel rooms and Justin and I picked up my mom, dad and little brother and to Salt Lake we went. They took really great care of him and drained about 27 pounds of water out of his lungs. So amazingly scary, but his oxygenations levels went back up to between 95 and 98 percent and they ran all sorts of tests on his heart and found his condition was treatable with the right amounts of different medications. He has not been able to go home yet, but we are hoping he will return soon! I'm so grateful for modern medicine! And for my boss, who believes family comes first!!!
That night Justin also got a text from his best friend Mikey, with a picture of their brand new baby girl. Avery Jade! We are so excited for them!
So after we got home on Wednesday things slowed down A LITTLE, lol. Our Co-Ed softball games started yesterday so Justin and I went and practiced hitting Thursday night...I got pretty banged up, lol. I'll post pictures of my bruises. I had a hard time walking the next day but managed to get through work and felt good enough to let Justin take me to the rodeo! Yipee.
It was fun but we must be getting old because by 9:30 we were both tired and ready to leave, lol.
Saturday My mom, sister and I walked around the craft booths on the Court House lawn and went and gathered up all of my stuff from Paula's store, because she's officially closed now.
That afternoon Justin took my dad fishing while Mom, Tiffany and me went to Jessica Hammaker's reception.
The next day I had 11 kids in nursery at church...It was insane. But I survived, lol. That night we went and practiced softball again and on the way home my mom called to tell me that my great grandmother, who has been very sick and bedridden for about the last month, passed away at 7:20 that night.
Monday I had to take Liddy to the vet because she has been gaining a lot of weight lately, which I thought was healthy weight, but outside opinions made me nervous that she might be pregnant. Good news showed that she is in fact, very not pregnant!!! That night we went and practiced softball again, and had a lot of fun.
Yesterday was our first Co-Ed softball game at 9:30, we played very well and only lost by one run, so I'm excited to go play again tonight!!!
Wow...Thanks for reading, I know that's a lot!
1 comment:
I had no idea that you had such a bad week...Sorry! hopefully things get better.
Post a Comment