Friday, September 5, 2008

Good thought.

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event; it is a habit"-Aristotle

I really liked that quote. It hits me deep and reminds me of another quote that says something to the effect of what you do when you're alone reveals your true character. I love quotes, they make me think. There are a lot of very wise people that have contributed greatly to this world and their thoughts and wisdom continue to be shared through the words they left behind.

Last night Justin and I did one of those detox foot ionizing things with Ruth Norris from our ward, she came over and hooked us up to it. I was really sceptical at first, it didn't make sense to me how these little ions would travel through your body, attach to ONLY the bad toxins and then know that they were supposed to carry them back down to the tub of water...I did a lot of reading and most of it was negative. I actually wasn't going to do it. I wanted Justin to do it, then I would think about it, but I was the first one home and we didn't want to keep her waiting, so I did it. I was very surprised. I thought the water would just turn different colors like there was food coloring in it, but there was actually a texture to it, you could see the specs of color and they permeated the water. there were metal chunks that came out and the water turned all different colors through the course of it, there was foam and bubbles, it was very interesting to say the least. I still don't know if I believe it, but even if it didn't do exactly what it was supposed to, I know it did something. I was also supported by watching Justin's do it, everyone's comes out different, so I do believe that something chemical happens between the conductors, water and the hormones and toxins in the body.
After the foot baths she practiced reflexology on all of us and I really enjoyed that, it wasn't a deep tissue massage like I enjoy, but I'll never pass up a foot rub!!! When she left, Justin, me and Melanie all soaked our feet in the tub full of warm water and tried out my new arbonne sea salt scrub, it was so great! I was surprised that Justin did it with us, but he liked it too. He's like me to where he won't pass up a foot anything :D It was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am skeptical about stuff like that. Melanie told me about it, I would like to see the tub of water with everything in it but the feet. And see if it changes. but that is cool, I guess it can't hurt, I have seen it done before and it grosses me out to keep my feet in that water. Good job being brave and going first.